Operations Administrator – Port Colborne, ON – Canada
The person in this position will perform a variety of duties in support of the safe and efficient operation of the plant. This is a critical position within the facility and has a direct effect on inventory levels. This is mainly an office centric position with duties to support and perform operator duties. 40 hours per week. Hourly rate will be determined based on your qualifications.
- Traffic, Administration and Lab
- Liaise with Grain Merchants, Drivers, and Producers to insure efficient logistical flow
- Analysis of incoming grain through established lab process
- Control and retention of inventory records
- Control of mechanical equipment.
- Create inbound and outbound tickets
- Communicate with truck drivers and assist with filling out paperwork
- Handle end of day activity reports to customers and accounting group
- Insure all inventory transactions have been entered correctly; cross check data to confirm accuracy
- Keep operations team informed of delivery schedule.
- Assist the elevator team with the unloading and loading process and perform housekeeping and sanitation activities (sweeping, shoveling, cleaning) when needed.
- Assist with other general duties within the facility
- Adhere to company safety policies for personal and colleague’s safety as well as GMPs for food safety and sanitation programs
- High school Diploma, Post-Secondary education preferred
- At least three years of experience working in a grain elevator or manufacturing is strongly preferred
- Excellent data entry skills
- Strong communication skills and an interest in developing leadership abilities
- Willingness to be cross trained on all operations at the facility
- Competency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook required; experience with ERP or Inventory programs strongly preferred.
- Must possess an entrepreneurial spirit and be team oriented
- Willing to work flexible hours and weekends as necessary
- Work Hours and Physical Requirements
- The successful applicant must be able to work from heights, stand, sit, kneel, crawl, and bend. May be required to lift 55 lbs. / 22 kg. Also needs to be able to work in a variety of hot, cold, or wet conditions when necessary. This is an office centric position that will require this at times.
Typical hours are 7am to 3pm Monday-Friday, but flexibility to work overtime, shift work, or weekends is required as needed.
This position offers a complete benefit package, RRSP, health, life and dental insurance.
Paper resumes delivered to the plant will not be considered. Application through this site will be the only acceptable method.
- Elevator or Manufacturing: 3 years (Preferred)
- Logistics: 1 year (Preferred)
- Secondary School (Preferred)
Click to Apply