Ceres Global Ag Corp is a grain origination and trading company operating terminals in North America. Ceres is also a logistics company operating a newly developed multiproduct Logistics platform in Northgate Sk. Each of us at Ceres is committed to integrity and delivering reliable, sustainable services in a safe and environmentally responsible manner. We expect our people to be progressive, relentlessly seeking improvement; experiencing opportunities for personal growth by working for a world-class organization and leader in the industry.
Under the guidance of the Management team, the Grain Buyer will assist to develop, update, communicate and execute customer based grain origination plan that defines the locations grain handle objectives within a FY budget. Ability to work in a team environment or under limited supervision. The ideal candidate will work closely with farm customers with the ability to identify, categorize and prioritize origination opportunities. Will also be responsible for tonnage allocation and logistic support to farm customers.
- Strong knowledge of the Canadian Grain Industry including marketing, transportation & Crop Production
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Strong communication & interpersonal skills
- Familiar with futures markets and hedging
- Working closely in a team environment with operations and merchandising departments
- Daily forecasting and strategizing of sales and marketing efforts
- Establish customer relationships & build long-term relationships with targeted customers
- Ability to grow customer base through farm shows, networking, cold calls
- Communicate directly with customers to originate grain, utilize risk management tools and define customer needs
- Familiar with customer database programs
- Ability to prioritize on a daily/weekly/monthly basis
- Actively promote and establish farmer grain marketing programs
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Maintain accurate and detailed records with excellent organizational skills
- Advanced math and computer skills
- Strong work ethic and willingness to work extra hours when required
- A good attitude in assisting others within the facility
- Adhere to company safety policies and procedures and willing to enforce them with other employees and visitors
- Post secondary education or training in agriculture
- Ag Diploma would be considered an asset.
- Minimum 3 years experience in the Canadian Grain industry
- Must be 18 years of age.
- As part of of the pre-employment selection process, candidates are required to submit to and receive satisfactory results from all pre-employment criminal background, personal security, drug, employment and education checks.
- Grain buying: 3 years (Preferred)
Click to Apply