Ceres Global Ag Corp. is a grain origination and trading company operating terminals in North America. Ceres is also a logistics company operating a multi-product logistics platform in Northgate, SK. All Ceres employees are committed to integrity and delivering reliable, sustainable services in a safe and environmentally responsible manner. We expect our [people to be progressive, relentlessly seeking improvement; experiencing opportunities for personal growth by working for a world-class organization and leader in the industry.
The Grain Grader is responsible for grading a variety of crops, wheat, oil seeds and pulse. Grading is to comply with Canadian Grain Commission and company standards. You will grade Farmer samples as well as inbound trucks and rail cars to ensure product meets specifications. Communicate directly with management any issues that arise or loads that are contaminated.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Grading grain to CGC and Ceres standards.
- Operate, maintain and calibrate laboratory equipment (moisture meter, scales, dockage tester protein tester)
- Accurately and consistently assess and grade all commodities received.
- Able to distinguish color for accurate grading of cereal grains.
- Ability to understand and follow operating procedures and policies.
- Sample bins according to CFIA standards and deliver samples to Regina.
- Ability to work with a team.
- Willing to work rotating shifts, overtime, holidays, nights and weekends as required.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Understanding of the Canadian grain act and regulations.
- Proven ability to manage and coordinate multiple projects in a fast paced, professional environment.
- Accurately complete necessary documentation.
- Communicate effectively and not afraid to ask questions.
- Willing to take any training needed.
- Willing to train others.
- Keep area clean and light housekeeping duties.
- Adheres to company safety policies and procedures and willing to enforce them with other employees and visitors.
- General duties as required.
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent
- 4 to 4.5 years grain grading experience.
- Training certificates an asset
- Can carry at least 50lbs short distances.
- Able to stand for long periods of time.
- Read, Write and understand English
- Basic math skills
- Computer skills (light data entry)
- Valid Driver’s License
- Passport an asset
- Ability to be punctual
- MUST BE 18 YEARS OLD.
As a part of the pre-employment selection process, candidates are required to submit to and receive satisfactory results from all pre-employment criminal & personal security background, drug and reference checks.
Salary: $18.00 to $25.00 /hour
Click to Apply