Grain Accounting Coordinator (Golden Valley, MN)
The primary responsibility of this role is processing and recording grain purchase and sale transactions, which includes working with internal and external customers, internal merchandisers, and elevator facility personnel. This position requires someone with excellent attention to detail and strong time management and communication skills.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Grain ticket applications to purchase and sale contracts
• Processing grain settlements and advances
• Payment processing of grain procurements
• Interpretation of documents from counterparties (invoices, statements, checks, etc.)
• Identifying and resolving transaction exceptions
• Contract confirmation to counterparties’ contracts ensuring completeness and
• Backup for other department positions as volume and workloads dictate
• Handle internal and external customer inquiries with positive customer service
• Work on special projects under direct supervision
• Assist with reporting requests and special projects as assigned.
• Minimum of two years of professional work experience
• High school diploma or GED equivalent, associate’s or bachelor’s degree is preferred
• Detail oriented with excellent organization skills
• Ability to problem solve and resolve issues independently
• Ability to meet deadlines, work under pressure, and prioritize tasks
• Strong written and verbal communication skills (in order to work with external customers, rail carriers, merchandising staff, elevator personnel, and management)
• Ability to work in a team environment
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Ability to work extended hours as needed
Click to Apply